Monday, November 10, 2008

Baby steps.....

I know I am behind on keeping anyone and everyone updated on whats going on in our lives....so I will start small. Baby steps, I suppose. I have a couple minutes while the girls are eating lunch to post because I am so tired today I believe I am going to make a repeat performance of yesterdays afternoon nap. Im growing another person inside of me. I deserve it. At least thats how I am justifying being lazy for such a long stretch of time. ha ha ha.

So at the first of October we moved to Wellington. Or Smellington as I like to call it. Don't ask me why it just seems appropriate to call it that. Wellington is kind of the armpit of Carbon County. I know I am not making our new town seem so appealing am I?? I just mean its like this hodge podge of people and there is literally nothing here. We have several gas stations, 2 hotels (1 nice and 1 not as nice)and a subway(inside one of those gas stations)

So let me give you all the upside of Wellington. Or at least what we are considering the upside, some really are great.

* We have a fantastic new park for our kiddos to play at. However its now a bit too cold to go out often and we dont like that we could walk there however we dont feel that walking alongside the HIGHWAY with our young children is the safest/smartest idea!

*There are 2 churches here. Not that we are really church going people (we should be) but they do beautify our city a bit more and we could use the help.

* Okay and our favorite....its like a city out in the country. It is totally accepted and apparently encouraged for people here to have a wierd animal/pet of some sort. We love that part. I am telling you if we lived in the right climate I would totally have a flamingo as a pet. ha ha. I was telling Cody we should get a Llama (joking, totally) and we get home and he informs me a Llama already lives right behind us. So it is now VERY amusing for Savannah to see if this Llama is awake in the mornings, mealtimes, etc. She is totally in love with it. If only she knew that they like to SPIT. Most likely she would no longer be such a fan.

Okay so this post is getting too long. But really we do love Wellington. Its quiet here and a far cry from living in the BIG city raising kids, which we love. We also love our new place. We are renting from some very close family friends and our rent is SUPER cheap, which makes Wellington even more appealing. We are saving to build/buy a house in a year or so. We have all the space we will possibly need here which we love.

Ella and Vana share a room and their matching antique bed frames I bought all those years ago in hopes of having 2 little girls look ADORABLE in their rooms! Cody and I have our room, The new baby will have her own room which we are in the process of preparing and we are embarrassed to say its not done yet. Well I am embarrassed Cody not so much. The girls have a totally awesome playroom and I even have a craft room. We have a huge fenced yard that the girls have already had tons of fun in and a BIG, HUGE garage. Let me just say it is filled with all sorts of crap already. Cody needed a place to put all his Green Bay collectibles and they are also banned there. I probably shouldn't have mentioned that after saying its filled with "crap." I didn't mean it like that. But its so adorable how he has decorated with it and he stole back his super cool tool storage too. It was one of those tool dresser thingys and back when we didnt have a garage I turned it into scrapbook organization. You can all say it....POOR CODY!

Okay this post is long enough. SO come visit us sometime in Smellington. We love to have guests.

0 comments: