Sunday, December 07, 2008

Olivia Colleen Greenwood

Hi there everyone! We just wanted everyone to know that Baby Olivia finally made her appearance into this world and we couldn't be happier!

Weds AM {12.03.08} we went into Dr. Gagon's office. He checked me and then sent me over to the hospital to be induced. Honestly for anyone who knows about me and labor it always seems to be a lengthy process so I was pretty nervous about how long this would take, etc. Cody had a feeling it would go fast though.

We got the show on the road but nothing really started to happen til he broke my water. He came over on his lunch to do it and after that it all started to progress. By the late afternoon I was quite uncomfortable and asking for medicine. Misty was incredible with the girls and brought them out to the hospital so I could get my fix. It was hard to be away from them. Jolene was incredible and sat the afternoon out with us while I chatted her head off about wierd stuff I am sure being on pain meds and screamed in pain. She got to stay in the delivery room as Olivia came into this world. It was amazing and I only hope she isnt scarred for life.

I have to apologize to those who came to see me after I got the epidural. I seriously remember looking around seeing people but like no words would come out of my mouth. I was so delirious. I cant say it was enjoyable like you would think. But I needed it I guess because about 2 hours after that epidural I was ready to push and Olivia came in only 1 1/2 pushes. It was such a breezy delivery. Also the epidural didnt take right on my left side so I really got to feel more than normal but I enjoyed it and enjoyed the faster recovery of feeling to my legs.

Anyway we stayed in the hospital until later friday evening and then were allowed to come home. I will be posting more about her later. I just wanted everyone to know she is finally here and we are in LOVE!!! She is adorable! She is such a sweet and quiet baby. She doesnt cry either, she squeaks. How cute is that??

More to come later. She is awake.

XOXOXO

1 comments:

Skip & Angela said...

Yay! Congrats to your cute family of 5. Thanks for letting me stop in and visit with her. She is a doll!