Monday, December 01, 2008

Drugs and Dr. Taco Bell!

So I thought I would keep everyone up to date on how things have been doing with us. So I havent updated my due date ticker on here and I am not sure I told everyone I am due Dec 10th now. So this baby is on its way. My doctor will be inducing me Weds AM if she doesnt make it here on her own by then.

Anyway things are peachy here. We are still just getting settled into our new place and just enjoying life. We are almost done Christmas shopping which is SO nice to think about. We started shopping in oh, August because I knew we were going to have a newborn at home and that cold weather and new babies arent a good mix. Not to mention how sleep deprived and exhausted I will be.

Yesterday afternoon I started having contractions so I got up and started cleaning, etc to see if they were real and they didnt go away. So we went out to the hospital finally. I get there they stick me on the monitors for about 2 hours and decide to send me home. All the while the contractions are about 4 mins apart and getting stronger. It was NOT cool at all. So they dope me up really good and send me on my way. SO Im still contracting after this I just care a lot less since they drugged me up. It really didnt feel so great.

Cody and I decide to go to Taco Bell and grab a bite to eat since I was starving by now. While eating I am so loopy its unreal. I should not be in public and Cody is getting a good laugh at this too. Anyway to the point of the post title....this guy working at Taco Bell - who is maybe no more than 21 - comes over to our table and says sorry about the wait. Cody tells him its okay and better than being at the hospital. So of course he wants to know all about it......long story short. Taco Bell guy tells me my baby is a good 2 weeks off from coming and that I should just relax and wait. He then sits and stares for a bit. Also he has friends that have joined him now. It was a party at our table I guess. An unwanted party. I was on meds...I just wanted to stuff my face and get out of there. So after he walks away Cody says "THANK YOU DR. TACO BELL!" Maybe it was the drug induced haze I was in but that killed me. It was so funny.

So the next time you are feeling unsure of your health or any other matter, stop into the Taco Bell in Price, Utah. I am sure there is someone there who can give you sound medical advice!

Im still contracting again today. So Dr. Taco Bell......I think your prediction is DEAD WRONG!

2 comments:

Skip & Angela said...

haha! That is one of the funniest stories I have heard in a while. Who knew... dinner and medical advice. haha. Well, best wishes for your growing family. Keep us posted on Baby Olivia.

Aaron [air] said...

Cant wait to see you guys this weekend! We miss you!