So I have decided that in the spirit of Giving Thanks that I spoke of earlier I am going to post at least once a week, maybe twice (depending on the pending arrival of this baby girl in my belly) for someone/something I am thankful for. I just think its nice to know how appreciated you are at times and you can say thanks so many times and you just want to let that person know how you feel!
So yes its technically still monday. Im tired however and have a doctors appt tomorrow and we have been busy putting our house back in order. We painted a few rooms and revamped a couple things. I will try to find time to post before and after pictures later. We are really proud of our projects and love how much it improved our home. The babys room is in the process of being done. Cody finished painting it yesterday and the color is a little darker than what we hoped but we still love it. Now we just need to get all the odds and ends put into place. Its so exhausting but SO fun at the same time!
So back to the subject at hand. Im good at talking on and on. We all know this to be true.
I am truly thankful for many people in my life but right now I want to thank my mother in law Jolene. Really I feel like just calling her mom because she plays that important of a role in my life. I always hear stories from people about them hating their in laws and I have to say that one my favorite things about Codys parents has always been that they are just ALWAYS wanting their kids to be genuinely happy and healthy. Other than that they really just sit back and enjoy having all the family they do.....I LOVE LOVE LOVE you Jolene & Floyde.
I have to say I love that you always accept me for who I am, no matter how ditzy I can be, I often speak before I think, Im impatient at times, bossy, etc. But I love that even if I say or do the wrong thing you are not going to disown me at the drop of a hat or even hold a grudge. Half the time I think you may laugh at me more than I see (even if its after I am gone) but I love that you are so accepting of me.
I am thankful that you tell your son he is lucky to have me and our girls and that he loves me. He does love me and he tells me so often and I know its because you and Floyde taught him how to love and also to have patience. Which anyone who lives with me has to have. This you must know by now. ha ha ha.
As a mother life can be a scary place. Some days you feel like you are on top of the world, other days every choice seems to have a devastating impact. You make mothering look so easy some days (as a mom I know its not) but I love that you make it look possible and give me hope that tomorrow always brings another day no matter how stressed out I may get. You have the most patience of anyone I know and for that I AM SO THANKFUL!!!
You are so much fun to hang out with. You are such a good listener and I love that you never gossip back when I am upset with someone you just keep listening and pointing out the good......its amazing that you can do that. Our girls love you SO much and we love that you are an amazing Grandma and such a big part of their lives. Its been amazing this year watching you bond with them.
Okay so this is getting long but I had a lot to say. One other thing. You are SO cute when you are so naive about the bad things in life. I love that you just like to think the good. You are not stupid by any means but just that you look on the sunny side of things.
Well there are so many more things I could say about you but I have to stop typing now. Much to do and I am beat from such a busy day!
Just know how much we LOVE you! You are an amazing woman. You have an amazing strength in you and you have really instilled some of it in me. I will forever be grateful to you for that. You are just like a mom to me. And honestly this would be the case regardless of whats happened in my life the last year. I just think we share so many likes, dislikes and interests that it would be impossible to not get along with you. I rely on your opinions and support in my life and our lives........thanks for always giving so much of yourself.
I love you and I hope that this year has been just as profound for you as it has for me in the relationship that we now share. I cant wait to see how many more memories we all share in the future and I hope that other women out there are just as lucky to have a relationship with their husbands mom like I do. It really is an amazing bond to have.
LOVE YOU MUCH!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Thankful Tuesday
Posted by Aaron [air] at 9:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
{favorite} friends
- {brandt} ashley.jake.keznee
- {feldman} scott.jody.sebastian
- {fogg} tricia.bobby.brooklynn
- {iriart} april.frankie
- {jones} amy.rory.cameron.kayla.chrissy
- {kent} jennifer.andrew.taedon.baby girl kent
- {lasslo} tom.mellissa
- {Mataele} spencer.elisha.emaya.jaxyn.elexys
- {osborne} amber.kirk
- {reynolds} aloha.nate
- {rice} skip.angela.dallen

2 comments:
Hi Air, it won't let me leave you a message on myspace, because we aren't friends. So add me and I will tell you all about the bows.
Aaron that is so true. And you are a great person grandma. I love you so much XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Post a Comment